BARRANQUILLA, COLOMBIA – July 26, 2021 – Procaps Group, a leading integrated international healthcare and pharmaceutical company, today provided preliminary estimates of its second quarter 2021 net revenues for the three months ended June 30, 2021. In conjunction with the preliminary estimates, the Company also provided a business update and key milestone announcements ahead of its proposed business combination with Union Acquisition Corp. II (NASDAQ: LATN, LATNU, LATNW) (“LATN”), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company. Procaps plans to announce its second quarter 2021 financial results on Thursday, August 12, 2021.
Key Second Quarter Operational Highlights
- Second quarter net revenues expected to increase over 25% versus year ago period.
- Across all five strategic business units (Procaps Colombia, Nextgel, CAN, CASAND & Diabetrics) there was a significant increase in demand for Procaps products and services.
- Procaps Colombia and CASAND had the highest growth as a result of both demand across the board on a variety of products, both Rx and OTC, and new product launches which have led to an increase in market share gains.
- Diabetrics experienced a similar growth in the second quarter 2021 y-o-y as it did in the first quarter 2021, benefiting from sales from the launch of a new insulin.
- Clinical Specialties business line demonstrated growth in sales due to higher demand of anesthetic products from intensive care units in hospitals.
- CEO Ruben Minski joined the Colombian Vice President led government and private sector delegation to conduct meetings with American business and public policy leaders with the objective of strengthening commercial ties, investor confidence and relations between Colombia and the United States.
- Reddit Investor Interview with Union Acquisition Corp. II CEO Kyle Bransfield. Investor interview here.
- Investor frequently asked questions (FAQ) created and found here.
- Filing of the registration statement on Form F-4 in June of 2021 in connection with Procaps Group’s proposed business combination with Union Acquisition Corp. II.
Expected Milestones to Completion of Business Combination Include:
- Second quarter 2021 financial results – Thursday, August 12, 2021
- Virtual investor and analyst day planned for Thursday, August 19, 2021. Company to showcase senior leadership team and key growth initiatives
- LATN Shareholder vote – September 2021
- Business combination close and listing on Nasdaq Capital Market under new ticker symbol “PROC” – approximately end of September 2021
“Our strong financial performance has continued into the second quarter of 2021 as evidenced by our net revenue growth of over 25% year-over-year,” said Ruben Minski, Procaps Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Four out of five of our business units experienced double-digit revenue growth mainly due to the rapid ramp-up of new product launches and continued roll-out into new geographies with measured improvements to our inventory rotations.
“As we look to the future in terms of growth and collaborations, I recently joined the Colombian Vice President and Foreign Minister Marta Lucía Ramírez and a group of government and private-sector officials to meet with American business and public policy leaders to strengthen commercial ties, investor confidence and relations between Colombia and the United States. Trust and a collaborative relationship between the government and the private sector have been key factors in our internationalization strategy and growth in new markets, and the adoption of new standards for different business sectors through the implementation of public policies that support the sustainability of private companies as well as the active and significant contribution of the private sector in different areas such as employability and innovation. These initiatives generate an unequivocal engine for sustainable development in Colombia and a blueprint for Procaps’ long-term growth model.
“In summation, we are very proud to be able to inspire other organizations and entrepreneurs in the region to dare and seek to conquer new markets and adopt corporate governance best practices that not only generate success and well-being for the members of the company but also contribute to the construction of a bigger base of good-quality and sustainable jobs.
“We look forward to providing a full update on our second quarter financial results expected to be reported in mid-August along with an update to our full year 2021 net revenue and adjusted EBITDA guidance. I am also happy to report that our business combination with UAC II remains on track and following our reported Q2 results, we will host our first investor and analyst day introducing our senior leadership team along with our strategic growth initiatives,” concluded Minski.
About Proposed Business Combination with Union Acquisition Corp. II
Completion of the business combination, which is expected to close in the third quarter of 2021, is subject to approval by LATN shareholders and other customary closing conditions, including the Registration Statement being declared effective by the SEC. The combined company will be led by Ruben Minski, Procaps Group Founder, Chairman & CEO. Upon closing of the business combination (assuming none of the LATN shareholders redeem any of their LATN ordinary shares in connection with the approval of the business combination and including the redemption of certain shares held by IFC), existing Procaps Group shareholders are expected to hold approximately 76% of the combined company, which shares will be subject to certain lock-up arrangements.
Institutional investors have committed to an upsized private investment in public equity (“PIPE”) of $100 million in ordinary shares of LATN, which will be converted into ordinary shares of the combined company upon the closing of the business combination. The PIPE will close concurrently with the business combination. Subject to any redemptions by LATN shareholders, there is approximately $136.9 million in cash currently held in LATN’s trust account. It is anticipated that the combined company will have approximately $236.9 million in gross cash proceeds (before transaction-related expenses and the redemption of certain shares held by IFC) to fund organic growth through capacity expansion, plant improvements, working capital investments, e-Health platform improvements and R&D expenses, inorganic growth via accretive acquisitions and the redemption of certain shares from IFC.
While the Registration Statement has not yet become effective and the information contained therein is subject to change, it provides important information about Procaps Group’s business and operations, proposed business combination with Union Acquisition Corp. II and the proposals to be considered by the LATN shareholders.
Additional information about the transaction including the Registration Statement on Form F-4 can be viewed here: https://investor.procapsgroup.com.
Proposed Business Combination Highlights
- Procaps Group is a family-owned Latin American pharmaceutical company established over 40 years ago that has grown into a leading integrated pharma company with a presence in 13 countries and product reach in 50 markets modernizing oral drug delivery technology and manufacturing capabilities.
- Procaps Group’s state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities provide innovative delivery technologies protected by an extensive IP moat and supported by industry accolades such as the first FDA-approved pharmaceutical plant in South America for selling Rx products into the U.S.
- Procaps Group today is the largest pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization “CDMO” in Latin America and top 3 globally in terms of volume of softgel production capacity.
- As of December 31, 2020, Procaps Group employed over 4,700 people across 13 countries, and has a strong history and focus on ESG principles including resource-saving policies, HR and social programs and corporate policies.
- Procaps Group generated net revenue of $331 million, Adjusted EBITDA of $85 million and Adjusted EBITDA on a constant currency basis of $93 million in 2020 and is on track to reach $397 million in net revenue and $105 million in Adjusted EBITDA in 2021. The adjusted EBITDA figures do not include any one-time add backs specifically for provisions required by IFRS. Procaps Group expects full-year Adjusted EBITDA margin expansion from 18% in 2019 to 26% in 2021 with strong positive free cash flow. Approximately 44% of Procaps Group revenue in 2020 was USD-denominated.
- Transaction represents the first ever Latin American focused SPAC to include a fully committed and over-subscribed SPAC-related ordinary share PIPE.
- Transaction is expected to enable further investment in growth and new product categories and positions Procaps Group to capitalize on favorable regional dynamics through organic growth in B2B & B2C segments.
- Transaction also positions the Company to drive inorganic growth through a roll-up strategy focused on mid-sized companies in the region. The Company’s M&A plan will focus on pharma and CDMO targets, as well as the possibility for transformational acquisitions in the future.
- Transaction represents attractive entry valuation at 10.75X estimated 2021 EV/EBITDA multiple versus global CDMO and pharmaceutical industry comparable companies.
- Combined company to have an implied initial enterprise value of approximately $1.1 billion, and expected gross cash proceeds of $236.9 million (before transaction-related expenses and the redemption of certain shares held by IFC) after closing, including a $100 million fully-committed PIPE.
- Combined company strategically positions Procaps Group as a differentiated Latin American integrated pharma company leveraging a proprietary and proven M&A strategy that has the potential to deliver significant Adjusted EBITDA growth and margin expansion.
- The PIPE was raised from a broad group of Latin American investors, healthcare investors and thought leaders. These include pan-regional funds such as Moneda Asset Management, as well as Chilean-based Consorcio Seguros, among several other unnamed global and healthcare investors.
- Transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2021, with the combined company expected to be listed on the Nasdaq Capital Market under the symbol “PROC.”
Procaps Group Business and Operational Highlights
Leading regional pharmaceutical player with global reach and accomplished management team
- Founded in 1977 by the Minski Family with 4,700+ employees across 13 countries as of December 31, 2020
- Net revenue of $331 mm in 2020 and projected $397 mm for 2021
- Innovative delivery technologies transform branded generics into differentiated products
In-house R&D capabilities driving attractive growth opportunities
- Avenues for growth with a robust pipeline and a high product renewal rate
- Focus on differentiated, high margin, and high barrier-to-entry products
Leading pharmaceutical integral CDMO specialized in softgels
- A preferred supplier to the global pharmaceutical companies
- Top 3 global player by softgel production capacity, with strong growth potential and long-standing reputable clients including Glaxo, Pfizer and Abbott
Proprietary portfolio of branded Rx and OTC products
- Robust proprietary portfolio with strong growth rates
- 99% of product portfolio is proprietary
Positioned to capitalize on favorable regional dynamics
- LatAm’s pharma sales expected to outperform global growth
- Healthcare expenditure expected to reach a 7% CAGR from 2020 – 2022
- LatAm’s aging population expected to increase boosting demand for pharma
Strong history and focus on ESG Principles
- Resource saving polices, HR & social programs and governance are important to Procaps Group
About Procaps Group
Procaps Group is a developer of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical solutions, medicines, and hospital supplies that reach more than 50 countries in all five continents. Procaps has a direct presence in 13 countries in Latin America and, as of December 31, 2020, had more than 4,700 collaborators working under a sustainable model. Procaps develops, manufactures, and markets over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription drugs, nutritional supplements and high-potency clinical solutions. For more information, visit www.procapsgroup.com or Procaps Group’s investor relations website investor.procapsgroup.com, which will also contain a link to the Registration Statement. The Registration Statement includes audited consolidated financial statements of Procaps Group as of and for the fiscal years ended December 31, 2020 and 2019.
About Union Acquisition Corp. II.
Union Acquisition Corp. II, led by Kyle Bransfield, is a Cayman Islands exempted company incorporated as a blank check company for the purpose of entering into a merger, share exchange, asset acquisition, share purchase, recapitalization, reorganization or other similar business combination with one or more businesses or entities.
Kyle P. Bransfield
Chief Executive Officer
Union Acquisition Corp. II
Original article link: The Brazilian Report
View the article as a PDF
This article is available at Business Wire.
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Union Acquisition Corp. II (NASDAQ: LATNU) (the “Company”) announced today that it closed its initial public offering of 20,000,000 units, including 2,500,000 units subject to the underwriters’ over-allotment option, at $10.00 per unit. The offering was priced at $10.00 per unit, resulting in gross proceeds of $200,000,000.
The Company’s units began trading on the Nasdaq Capital Market (“Nasdaq”) under the symbol “LATNU” on October 18, 2019. Each unit consists of one ordinary and one redeemable warrant with each warrant entitling the holder to purchase one ordinary share at a price of $11.50 per share. Once the securities comprising the units begin separate trading, the ordinary shares and warrants are expected to be traded on Nasdaq under the symbols “LATN” and “LATNW”, respectively.
Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. acted as the sole book-running manager of the offering. EXOS Securities, LLC and Arcadia Securities, LLC acted as co-managers.
Of the proceeds received from the consummation of the initial public offering and a simultaneous private placement of warrants, $200,000,000 (or $10.00 per unit sold in the public offering) was placed in trust. An audited balance sheet of the Company as of October 22, 2019 reflecting receipt of the proceeds upon consummation of the initial public offering and the private placement will be included as an exhibit to a Current Report on Form 8-K to be filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).
Graubard Miller acted as counsel to the Company and Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP acted as counsel to the underwriters.
The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained by contacting Cantor Fitzgerald & Co., Attention: Capital Markets, 499 Park Avenue, 5th Floor New York, New York 10022; Email: email@example.com. Copies of the prospectus can also be accessed through the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov.
A registration statement relating to these securities has been declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission on October 17, 2019.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
About Union Acquisition Corp. II
Union Acquisition Corp. II, led by Juan Sartori and Kyle Bransfield, is a Cayman Islands exempted company incorporated as a blank check company for the purpose of entering into a merger, share exchange, asset acquisition, share purchase, recapitalization, reorganization or other similar business combination with one or more businesses or entities. The Company’s efforts to identify a prospective target business will not be limited to a particular industry or geographic region, although the Company intends to focus its search for a target business located in Latin America.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release includes forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Forward looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from the forward looking statements, including those set forth in the risk factors section of the prospectus used in connection with the Company’s initial public offering. No assurance can be given that the net proceeds of the offering will be used as indicated. The Company expressly disclaims any obligations or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in the Company’s expectations with respect thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any statement is based, except as required by law.
Union Acquisition Corp.
Kyle P. Bransfield, 212-981-0630
Chief Executive Officer